Mat Franco Magic Reinvented Nightly has found it’s home in the newly renamed Mat Franco Theater at The LINQ Hotel & Casino. With 700 shows under his belt and counting, Franco has become a fixture on the Las Vegas Strip.
With over a decade of amazing success and remarkable reviews, celebrity chef, restaurateur, cookbook author and media personality, Bobby Flay continues to bring his signature Southwestern flavors to Mesa Grill at Caesars Palace with the introduction of several new menu items. Flay conceptualized, trialed and finalized these new menu items, alongside Mesa Grill executive chef Ryan Calvo and team. These new additions mark the most extensive menu update in the last several years, and incorporate an exciting assortment of vibrant new flavors and ingredients.
Embracing the vibrant sights of the season, Bellagio’s Conservatory & Botanical Gardens invites guests to wander through enchanting landscapes featuring exotic peacocks and mystical creatures in its new autumn display, open now through November 25.
- For Hiking Club Members, Rafting Through The Grand Canyon Was The Trip Of A Lifetime – Click To See Our Tours!
- Hiking In Las Vegas? These Travelers Bet On It
A Texas woman hit a $787,842 jackpot this week on a penny slot machine at Harrah’s. Janet Redwine of Coppell, Texas, hit the big prize on Monday while playing a Willy Wonka: World of Wonka machine, Caesars Entertainment announced today.
Our gaming Editor – “Vegas Vic” – Victor H Royer – has written another new book: “Great Casino Slots – Volume 4”. This is the latest edition of his popular series on Slots – which are the best, what they do, how they play, and how you can learn to play them best.
We asked Vic about the book, and here’s what he had to say:
“Get Ready for Big Wins! From China – Macao – to Las Vegas, Atlantic City, California, New York, and the American Midwest – and to Singapore, to Australia, to Europe, and just about everywhere – modern 21st Century Casinos are a place where great new games are being introduced almost on a daily basis.
There are so many new games now available, that it’s even harder to figure out which are the better ones, and why. And how to play them, because many of these new games can be quite complicated – at least at first.
In Volume 4 of this series: Great Casino Slots, the choices are easy. Just look, see, read, and learn.
Simple! – And all without it costing you any casino playing money while you find out!
Great Casino Slots – Volume 4 – is packed with the latest, newest, best and hottest casino games.
And now you have them all right here – at your fingertips – ready to make you a Winner!”
This book is available as both a printed paperback, and as an eBook. Here are the links:
The eBook version can be found at this link:
Hello From Las Vegas! – The summer heat is definitely in the rear-view mirror, and we’re experiencing the flawless “summertime” weather which blesses us in the spring and fall months. (We put up with three months of intense heat each year in exchange for getting “summer” twice a year). Pools are still open, and shorts are still being worn. With overnight lows around 60F, you won’t need a jacket at least for the next couple of weeks!
Cromwell Returns Good Gaming Odds To Center Strip – It appears Caesars Entertainment is doing an experiment to see if good table game odds will attract more players and do well for them. As I’ve been reporting on, downtown has seen great gains in gaming revenue despite offering better rules, looser slots, and lower minimums while The Strip has seen stagnant numbers amid their horrible rules (for the player) and high limits.
MGM Resorts has really been leading this “screw the player” trend on The Strip, just as they were industry leaders in obnoxiously high resort fees and paid parking. Perhaps Caesars took a look at what is happening with downtown gaming revenue and said “Let’s test it at Cromwell and see how it goes. Among their current offerings:
– Single “0” Roulette – Also known as European roulette and previously found primarily in high-limit areas only, The Cromwell now has this table game on the main casino floor and with approachable table limits. This rule seriously increases your odds.
– EZ Baccarat – Played the same way as traditional baccarat, EZ Baccarat is among the most popular baccarat games worldwide. While the drawing rules are unchanged, EZ Baccarat eliminates the taking of the 5% commission after every winning Bank hand. You can finally give Baccarat a try without fear!
– 3-2 Shoe and Double-Deck Blackjack – With affordable table limits among the lowest minimum bets on the Strip, this is where you should be playing for now..
– 100X Odds on Craps – For those who like to roll the bones, The Cromwell now offers a super-generous 100X odd on craps with accessible table limits. The more odds you place, the less of a house edge the casino has on you.
While we suggest playing downtown for the best gambling conditions day-in and day-out, we STRONGLY encourage you to play at The Cromwell if your play keeps you on The Strip. You’ll not only get better odds, but you’ll be sending a message that you’ll patronize a property that is gambler-friendly.
Las Vegas Golden Knights – Our expansion NHL franchise is in pre-season, and their very first home game at the T-Mobile arena was Tuesday night. I wasn’t in attendance, but friends who were really enjoyed it and were raving about it. I’d like to tell you that I at least watched it on TV. However, I have Cox Cable (not for long as CenturyLink just strung my old neighborhood with fiber optic and I’m eager to jump), and Cox has not come to an agreement to carry the sports network which televises the team.
We hear that Knights merchandise is selling like crazy, and many regular visitors who enjoy hockey are claiming the team as their “second favorite” (next to their home team). If you were thinking about planning a trip here to watch our team play your team, or you are simply thinking catching a Knights game while you are in town, you won’t be disappointed.
Yes, You Can Bet On It – Yes, you will be able to bet on Knights games before you go watch them. Betting has been allowed on UNLV since 2001, and betting will be allowed on The Raiders when they show up in three years. Some wonder if this isn’t an invitation to fixing of the games. The reality is that the sports books are some of the best protection against fixing of sports games. They know when something is JDLR (a casino term for Just Doesn’t Look Right). IE, when a betting line is getting an abnormal and unexpected amount bet on one side.
Remember, they are simply in the business to make sure an equal amount of money gets bet on each side. If you lose a sports bet, the casino essentially gives your money to someone who bet the other side, and takes that commission in doing so. (This is why you have to bet $11 to win back $10. The casino pockets that extra dollar). If a game has issues and isn’t fair, they get killed. Over the decades, when sports fixing has happened around the country, it has been the Las Vegas sports books alerting the FBI and helping with the investigations!
Might As Well Jump – This story made international news, so forgive me if you’ve heard it. A 28 year-old Welsh visitor who had too much to drink decided to go swimming. Unfortunately, his choice of venue was none other than Lake Mead at Hoover Dam. He started on the Arizona side, and ended up on the Nevada side, where he was promptly arrested.
Because of those huge water intakes sucking vast quantities of water into the dam to be run through huge turbines (which many of you have seen if you’ve taken the dam tour), authorities not only didn’t go in after him, but noted that there would have been nothing they could do if he got in any kind of trouble like starting to drown. It is that dangerous.
In the spirit of What Happens In Vegas, Stays In Vegas he was ticketed to the tune of $330 for “jumping, diving or swimming from a dam, spillway or other structure.” We absolutely recommend a visit to Hoover Dam (except during summer when they are 10 degrees hotter than here in town). Do it up big and do the longer deluxe tour that takes you inside the dam, and to the base of it. You won’t regret it. Photos or seeing it from the air don’t do it any justice. We have some great tours at AccessVegas.com/Tours. Just stay out of the water!
Members Mania – A few readers have asked why we haven’t been running Members Mania for the past couple of months. Members Mania is where we print answers to readers questions. We’ve evidently been doing such a good job of keeping you informed, that questions have been few and far between lately. Or, they have been so specific or personal in nature, that they were out of the realm of printing.
For example, a reader recently wrote wanting to know of the possibility of renting a furnished high-rise apartment here for a couple of months, early next year. We were able to do some digging for them, and I tapped a couple of sources that might have a good read on the situation. In the end, we were able to find listings that might suit her needs. However, this was not a “one size fits all” question and answer! We always love helping you, so don’t hesitate to ask. It is part of your subscription.
Hope you are enjoying this issue!
Ted Newkirk, Publisher
Editor: Rick “VegasZiggy” Ziegler
Associate Editor, News Researcher, Concerts and Headliners: Amy Rayner-Cooley
Vegas Videos You’ll Enjoy
(Producers Notes) Today we rented a room at the 4 Queens Hotel & Casino. After checking in, we walked over to Binion’s pool deck on the 25th floor.
You too can do a sunrise hot air balloon over Las Vegas! Take a ride along, and then book your ride at http://www.AccessVegas.com/Tours
Seating just nine people and with no set menu, é by José Andrés crafts a modern, intricately detailed avant-garde multi-course meal that tells a story like only a Las Vegas restaurant can.
Thank you so much for being a AccessVegas.com Premium Insiders Advantage member. We really appreciate the support and we’re here for you!
How To Access What:
- Vegas Super Secret Specials Spreadsheet is available here:
Either click to view or right-click to download. It is growing each week, so always check out the latest edition!
Keep in mind that specials are always subject to change. That is why we list the phone number for each restaurant or bar. Please DO call ahead to confirm the offer continues to be valid. Players Card May Be Required For Some Specials. If you find an offer that has ended, alert us at [email protected] and we’ll give you 50% off your membership dues next year for the help if you are the first to report it!
- Our “Your Guy In Vegas” Feature – Got a Vegas question? Instead of spending too much time looking up information you might not be certain about, fire it to us! We live here, we know Las Vegas, and we’ll give you a professional answer! (Some restrictions apply). Email [email protected] and put Paid Subscriber in the subject line. That is also where to send us trip reports, Vegas feedback (good and bad) and more.
- Members Mania! – We share the answers to great Vegas questions with all of our Premium Members, helping everyone who pitches in with a premium membership. Plus great visitor feedback that you can learn from. This will be right here in almost every issue.
- The True Inside Scoop – AccessVegas.com CEO Ted Newkirk has been writing “Newkirk’s Notes” for upwards of two decades, giving members the true inside guide to everything that is going on in Las Vegas. Valuable information from someone in the know to save you time and money! This will be right here in almost every issue.
We have answers to your Vegas questions!
But, you have to ask the questions.
Email us at [email protected], and let us know, what YOU want to know!
There is no better place to see your favorite acts then in Las Vegas! You’re relaxed, can enjoy a fine meal, have some cocktails without the worry of driving, and no alarm is going to jar you awake all too early the next morning.
- Chief Keef – October 17 Click for Tickets
- Action Bronson – November 3 Click for Tickets
- Bret Michaels – November 3 Click for Tickets
- America’s Got Talent – November 3-4 Click for Tickets
- Adam Sandler – November 10-Januaty 27 Click for Tickets
- Matisyahu – November 12 Click for Tickets
- Bebe Rexha & Marc E. Bassy – November 18 Click for Tickets
- Patton Oswalt – December 2 Click for Tickets
- Jeff Dunham – December 6 Click for Tickets
- Rodney Carrington – December 7-16 Click for Tickets
- Cole Swindell – December 8 Click for Tickets
- Dustin Lynch – December 10 Click for Tickets
- Dwight Yoakam – December 13 Click for Tickets
- Dierks Bentley – December 15-16 Click for Tickets
- Maroon 5 – Decmber 30-31 Click for Tickets
- Styx & Don Felder – January 26-February 3 Click for Tickets
- Beth Hart – February 17, 2018 Click for Tickets
- Machine Head – March 1, 2018 Click for Tickets
- NASCAR Camping World Truck Series – March 2, 2018 Click for Tickets
- NASCAR Xfinity Series – March 3, 2018 Click for Tickets
- Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series – March 4, 2018 Click for Tickets
- Jerry Seinfeld – March 9-April 21 Click for Tickets
Magic Reinvented Nightly Tickets – Save $25
Magic Mike Live
Click Now For Discounted Tickets!
Here’s how to participate:
Drop us an email at [email protected] – We read them all!
Link To Us! – Have a home page, web page, or blog? Link to us, and give yourself and your friends a quick link to find us from your site. Simply link to http://www.accessvegas.com and name the link Access Vegas!
For comments or questions regarding our content or this newsletter write us at [email protected].